This was the easiest macaroni salad to make and it tasted even better than I thought! I use to work at a health food store that made a in house vegan macaroni salad, I tried to remember how theres was and was able to recreate the dish using super simple ingredients that most people should already have on hand!
Easy Macaroni Salad
The perfect summer side dish the entire family will LOVE!
- 12oz of gluten free macaroni (I used Jovial Brand)
- 1/3 cup of minced red onion
- 3/4 cup of vegan mayo (I used Followyourheart Brand)
- 1/2 of a red pepper chopped
- 1 tbls of dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of minced dill pickles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Cook macaroni for required time
- Step 2 While the macaroni is cooking chop and dice vegetables
- Step 3 Place into a large bowl
- Step 4 Continue to add all ingredients in the bowl
- Step 5 Mix throughly together
- Step 6 Once macaroni is done, drain and rinse with cold water to chill the noodles
- Step 7 Now incorporate macaroni into the large bowl and stir together.
- Step 8 You can eat it now or wait 1 hour for it to chill throughly
- Step 9 ENJOY!
*If you think it needs more of something try using a tablespoon or two of the pickle juice to see if that helps to add a bit more ZING to the dish!
Please tag me in any of your recreations using my instagram @haley_ferretti
Thanks again for trying my recipes, I love seeing you guys eat the food I create! 🙂