Warm weather calls for cooling foods. I made this delicious blueberry and lemon superfood tart today for my sisters 18th birthday, her birthdays tomorrow but I wanted to make sure it was all ready for her! She tested it out today and said it was GREAT! This is a perfect summer dessert the whole family will love. Simple ingredients but you can always add the superfoods I recommend for the dish or leave them out.
Blueberry Lemon Superfood Tart
Great summer dessert with loads of flavor!
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups pecans
- 6 dates
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups of cashews (soak over night)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 lemons juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons of lucuma powder @navitasorganics
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle on top maqui powder @navitasorganics
- Step 1 Combined in the blender or a food processor everything for the crust. If you don’t have a high speed blender soak your dates in warm water to soften them. It will blend easier.
- Step 2 Lightly oil tart pan or pie dish, then spread batter into the pan and set aside.
- Step 3 Blend the filling ingredients all but blueberries and maqui powder which will be sprinkled on top.
- Step 4 Once creamy pour into crust.
- Step 5 Sprinkle blueberries and maqui powder on top. Also can add extra lemon zest for add color.
- Step 6 Set in freezer for 2 hours.
- Step 7 Then ENJOY 🙂
One big tip I have in making this is making sure to lightly oil the bottom of the pie pan, it helps to easily remove the pie after its been frozen. Another thing I would note is if you don’t own a high speed blender let your dates soak over night as well with the cashews, its a lot less stress on the blender and it evenly mixes all the nuts into a nice and easy crust to form.
Please tag me in any recreations on Instagram @haley_ferretti I can’t wait to see what you guys make!